- This event has passed.
Candidate Nomination Period
August 1 - August 15
City of Whittier
Notice of City Council Offices to be Filled
The next regular City of Whittier Election is on Tuesday, October 3, 2023. The candidate filing period opens on August 1, 2023, and closes on August 15, 2023, at 5:00 p.m.
Offices up for election in 2023 are:
- City Council Seat D (1-year term ending in October 2024)
- City Council Seat E (3-year term ending in October 2026)
- City Council Seat F (3-year term ending in October 2026)
To be eligible to run for elective office, the person must meet the following requirements, per Whittier Municipal Code 2.04.030:
- Must be a registered and qualified voter of the City of Whittier.
- Must be domiciled in the City of Whittier for one year immediately prior to filing a nomination petition.
- Must intend to remain in the City for a period of at least one year.
The definition of “domicile” for the purpose of this section shall be: that place where a person’s true, fixed and permanent home, to which the person, when absent, has the intent of returning.
When And Where To File For Office
Candidate Filing Period
- Opens at 8 a.m. on August 1, 2023
- Closes at 5 p.m. on August 15, 2023
Where to File
- Public Safety Building, Office of the City Clerk, 660 Whittier Street
What to File
Interested persons must submit the following items in their original form:
- An Acceptance of Nomination form; and
- A Nomination Petition with the signatures of at least ten qualified voters of the City
The City Clerk may request additional proof of qualification as required. Items will not be accepted electronically by fax or email.
Questions? Contact the Office of the City Clerk by phone at 907-472-2327 ext 3 or by email at email@example.com.