- This event has passed.
Notice of Intent for Write-In Candidates
August 16 - September 19
A. If a person is not nominated for office according to the provisions set forth in sections 2.06.020 through 2.06.040, or does not appear on the final ballot for any reason other than a failure to fulfill the qualifications for the office, and wishes to be a candidate in the election, the candidate may file as a write-in candidate.
B. Votes for a write-in candidate may not be counted unless that candidate has filed a letter of intent not earlier than the day immediately following the last day of the filing period for nomination petitions and not later than 14 days prior to the date of the election with the city clerk stating:
1. The full name of the candidate;
2. The full residence and mailing address of the candidate and the date on which residency at that address began;
3. The day and evening telephone numbers of the candidate;
4. The office, and seat, if applicable, to which the candidate seeks election;
5. The name of the candidate as the candidate wishes it to be written on the ballot by the voter;
6. The date of the election at which the candidate seeks election;
7. A certification by the candidate that the candidate:
a. Is a qualified voter and elector of the City of Whittier;
b. Is a resident of the city;
c. Qualifies or shall qualify, as of the date of the election, for the office the candidate seeks;
d. Shall serve if elected;
e. Intends to remain a resident of the city for at least one year after the date of the election; and
f. Is not a candidate for any other office to be voted on in the election;
8. A certification by the candidate that the information in the letter of intent is true and accurate; and
9. The date and signature of the candidate seeking office.